
First recipe post! woot!
Ok, I decided to start off with one of my favourite staple meals as a student. It's so quick and simple, and it helps that it's tasty too. I try to mix up the vegetables to keep things interesting. It's also good to use vegetables of different colours. A quick nutrition tip is to try to eat fruits and veggies of different colours to get the different vitamins and minerals. I also always use broccoli in my stirfries. Broccoli is a great source of Vitamin, Iron, and Calcium. It also has cancer-fighting agents!
Here are the ingredients:
1.5 cup chopped broccoli - I usually use about half a head for one meal
1/3 of a small onion, diced
1 clove of garlic
1/2 yellow zucchini. Green is fine too
4 cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 piece of chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil/vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of black pepper sauce
You can most likely find this sauce at your Asian grocery stores
Method:
- Mix the chicken pieces with the black pepper sauce. Let it sit and marinate while you prepare the other vegetables.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Put in chicken and cook until one side is browned. Turn chicken over and add the onion, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- an fry for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the broccoli, stir it around to incorporate with the other vegetables the black pepper sauce.
- Add a small amount of water, and cover with a lid for 2 minutes, or until broccoli is done to your satisfaction.

I have not added any additional salt or pepper to this dish because the black pepper sauce should be plenty of flavour for the stirfry. If you use more chicken, use more sauce.
Remember, the vegetables and the chicken can be substituted. The addition of red bell pepper is great. I usually use red bell peppers but I didn't have any that day. I've also tried this dish with pork, and it tastes pretty awesome as well!
Enjoy everyone!
Next recipe will be a pasta dish


No comments:
Post a Comment