It's nice not to have so much structure in my life. Spontaneity happens and my mind feels like it's almost in a "zen" mode. It's been nice catching up with friends and I have yet to see any family. My madre is arriving in a few days so I'll be asking to be taken care of :P
In my spare time at night, I've been watching lots of DVDs and VHS as well. Here are some of the flicks I've caught lately.
- Becoming Jane (surprisingly good)
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (finally!)
- In Good Company (I really enjoyed this one)
- Little Women (one of my faves!)
- Monster in Law (pretty funny. But still not a fan of JLo)
- Chasing Liberty (enough said)
- Two Weeks Notice (terrible script but I love Hugh Grant)
- Hoodwinked (love it!)

I watched "In Good Company" last night. I have a thing for Topher Grace and I believe him to be excellent in this film. The "out with the old and in with the new" theme was written into the script gracefully and carried out by the actors in the same manner. The themes are obvious and that was the kind of movie I needed to watch. I don't want to be analyzing the movie to death and not get anywhere. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend. It relates to me in the way that I don't always know what I want to do and question my ability and passion.
Now that it's August, time is really going to fly. I'll be back in Toronto in a blink of an eye. I can already predict how I will feel when time comes since I've been through it so many times. But it's safe to say that there are some great things awaiting my return.
Cheers

No comments:
Post a Comment