Nov 30, 2009

let's get a move on...

The past is our definition. We may strive, with good reason, to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it, but we will escape it only by adding something better to it.
-- Wendell Berry

I've been struggling with some emotional baggage for the past month or so. Time is the best cure-all for heart break. A method I tend to use is to visualize the person at their worst. I know it may seem crude and mean, but it really does work to an extent. This weekend, I did something I'm not so proud of, which shall not be stated (yes let your mind wonder). I put myself at risk of more emotional stress but I took a chance because I needed to be certain of what I was feeling. The results were mixed. However now I feel more in control of my emotions than ever because I heard what I needed to hear and I felt what I needed to feel to know that he is a thing of the past. The past defines us, and as much as we want to run away from what has happened, we learn from the good and bad. I added something to my past by revisiting it, and walked away with some very positive emotions laced with a tinge of guilt that I see as being worthwhile.

I'm sorry I'm being vague, but what I'm trying to say is that you can always learn from your past, improve yourself, and move on.


I'm listening to: Someday My Prince Will Come - Dave Brubeck

2 comments:

Lulu said...

well, you better tell me your story in greater detail! Reading your post is like solving a puzzle, always a deeper meaning hidden in depth.

roooosah said...

haha. Ok I'll tell you. Don't judge though!

Post a Comment