Feb 1, 2010

should I stay or should I go?

Winter has finally hit. It was inhumanely cold over the weekend and it's supposed to continue for the next few days. I'm glad I'd be able to escape a bit of the bitter winter in two weeks when I head home for the Olympics!

I was in Toronto again this past weekend to relax and unwind a bit. I left with the feeling that I didn't really accomplish what I wanted to though. My main reason for going to Toronto was to watch Carmen, the opera by Bizet. The plan was to get rush tickets at 11am of the showing, so I arrive at the Four Seasons Centre about a quarter after 11. Unfortunately, they didn't have any more $20 tickets left...only $160 tickets in Ring 2. If I had wanted to buy expensive tickets, I would've bought them beforehand! I woke up "early" (we stayed out late the night prior) and walked in the bitter cold to get unattainable tickets. On the bright side, the morning walk in the cold really woke me up, and the sunshine was really pleasant as well. It gave me a nice chance to reflect and think like I often did in the fall term when I frequented walks along University Avenue.

On the other hand, I was productive in meeting up with people. I lunched with my old boss and coworker on Friday and had a great time catching up with them. Then, after some work, I met up with K for a chat and a browse-through of Winners. We still have a lot to talk about and it's great that we're able to be friends.

I had my fair share of eating out this weekend too. Winterlicious at Midi Bistro, which faired about 3 out of 5 for food and 4 out of 5 for atmosphere. Late night, sobering up McDonald's is the way to go! A delicious breakfast at 1pm accompanied by the hot waiter at Eggsmart the next day = top notch. Then a meal of ribs at Baton Rouge with D was pretty pleasant, but I'd rather fatty ribs. Next morning, sleep-deprived and hungry, went to Liberty Village for some brunch. It's a good thing I didn't go shopping, because I spent all my money on food! I'm heading back for Winterlicious at Tundra Friday...and the meal there is a little pricier as well.

I guess right now, I'm pretty happy with my life. School hasn't been too exciting, but I'm muddling through. The only thing on my mind right now should be studying for my test tomorrow...but I don't even feel stressed about it.
I just want to clarify things with D before I invest too much feeling.

Anyway, happy February everyone. It's going to be a short month. I can't wait for the summer...I really want warmer temperatures!

2 comments:

YOSEF said...

i assume D & K dont read your blog. sneaky.

by the way, when does Y come in?

Lulu said...

lol i'm surprised E hasn't found this blog either

Post a Comment