Sep 7, 2010

à l’aise


It's been quite a stressful summer. Thus, I'm glad to be finishing off summer in Vancouver. Everytime I'm back, I see the City in a different light. My experiences away from home always bring me back to the same conclusion - there's no place like Vancouver. I'm always appreciative of this City - be it rain or shine, the City is always green, and I will never tire of looking north at the Coast Mountains. On the plane from Toronto to Vancouver, I sat next to a guy from Brampton who goes to Uvic for mechanical engineering. He kept asking, "Why on earth would you leave Vancouver to go to Ontario?" I laughed it off and thought to myself, if I haven't left, I wouldn't appreciate Vancouver as much as I do now.

Although I have a ton of work and studying to do in my last few days in Vancouver, just being out and about brings an indescribable inner peace. Though my personal goals may not bring me back to Vancouver permanently, I am appreciative and fortunate to call this City home.

Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment