Apr 22, 2011

Blog, Interrupted

Interrupted for good reason. You see, I'm leaving Taipei tonight. The city is crying and I'm a little reluctant to leave. This has been the longest I've ever stayed in Taipei since I moved to Canada when I was seven. It's been such a wonderful trip back and exceeded all my expectations. The best part has been reconnecting with my relatives and with my native country. I still regard myself as Taiwanese after all these years even though I said earlier that I had trouble fitting in with the culture. That is still true to a degree, but I'm sure if I lived here for a year or two, I'd feel a bit more at home. But, "real life" for me is still in North America and I have to head back to live that life. I know have the choice to move back to Taiwan to be with my family, but I know that that option is not the best choice for myself.

我今晚就要離開台北了. 台北正在為我哭而我也有點捨不得. 至重到Canada, 這一次回來是所有最長地. 這一次回來真的有感受到家人的團圓而且也再次認識. 雖然我以經跟台灣現代文化有點落差, 我還是台灣人. 如果再住了一兩年就可以容入台灣的社會. 可是, 我的"真實"生活還是在Canada而我必要回去面對現實.

So thank you Taiwan...the last three months have been memorable and eye-opening. There are still so many places I still need to visit in this tiny island of Formosa (and much more to eat). See you...soon.

謝啦, 台灣. 我會努力的每一年回來的!


No comments:

Post a Comment