- I'm very slow to be in the Christmas mood. This year more than particular. It just bothers me that right after Halloween and Remembrance Day, the Christmas lights and all the red and green starts popping up at our malls. It just starts earlier and earlier each year. Christmas feels like a commercial gimmick, and it works. I actually feel pressured to buy gifts. I've kept the number low this year though. Just family and close friends. The moment I felt Christmasy was on Monday. I was walking down to Harbourfront Centre at lunchtime for a skate. While leaving my building, there was a nice band playing some great Christmas tunes. When I walked past Union, another youth brass quartet was playing to raise money for the Salvation Army. By the time I laced up my boots, it started to flurry rather gracefully. That moment put me in the Christmas mood.
- I dislike washing my hair. Don't worry, I wash it every couple of days. I just think it's such a waste of time! I wish there was an automatic hair washer that does the washing and drying for me. Drying is my least favourite part. But gotta dry the hair, especially in the winter.
- SOUND OF MUSIC. I've watched the movie countless times. I most of the movie, except for all the corny bits. Tonight, I went to watch the musical down at Princess of Wales Theatre. $25 student rush tickets are superb! We had first balcony seats, 4th row, and had a great view. The set design was amazing. The singing was pretty good as well. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So yes, I like Sound of Music. My favourite song has to be the part when she's going to meet them for the first time, and she sings "I have confidence". It's seriously the most uplifting and happy song. I will listen to that everytime I feel negative.
- I have a thing for Bokeh. So the heartshaped ones are girly. I haven't been able to find the lens cover for the heart shaped ones yet, but I haven't really been looking very hard. I need to take my camera out to practice some more. That and buy some new lens!
- I sleep with earplugs now. I'm a light sleeper and I can't sleep with noise, light or heat. Give me a cold room, quiet, and pitch black room and I'll have the best sleep of my life.
- I'm really beginning to enjoy spending time alone. I usually eat lunch alone, and I like having that time to myself for self-reflection and to do some reading. I've read quite a few books this term because of all the time I spend reading at lunch.
- After spending a few months in Toronto for this work term, I've come to appreciate the city a lot more. I used to think that no other Canadian city is better than Vancouver, but I've gotten off my high horse and thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Toronto. Some of my favourite places:

St Lawrence district - especially the Flea Market. Went there 3, 4 times with K.

The Underground PATH - albeit not direct and with rather poor signage. It is quite useful when you're trying to stay warm. Also lots of great underground shopping =D


The Four Seasons Centre for Performing Arts. I watched the Nightingale and Other Short Fables here and it was just amazing. I've been inside to see Sonny Rollins perform. But it was something else watching and hearing the sound quality for an opera. I love all the performance venues in Toronto in general. A lot more than Vancouver, that's for sure.
OK my list is done! Going to enjoy some jazz at The Rex tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!



3 comments:
Check out the distillery district before you go if you haven't already.
And as for heart shaped bokeh, pro's make their own ;)
http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_create_your_own_bokeh
Been meaning to do it myself, just no time atm.
Thanks. I went to the Distillery District in July, and again in September. I like it there! I was also meaning to go to High Park all term, and never got around to it. Lazy me...
nice pic of the fourseasons!
Post a Comment