The last few days have been occupied with my cousin's little ones and free tickets to the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships. I watched the Ice Dance short program yesterday. To my delight, Canadian favourites Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue were competing and skated beautifully to first place after the short program. Tonight, they were skating the free skate to keep their top spot. They started wonderfully, but after their first lift (with extreme high level of difficulty), Tessa had to stop - most likely due to her injury which has been operated on twice already. It was sad that they had to pull out of the competition but the Four Continents is a small competition and I would much rather them be healthy for Worlds.
I was treated to a delicious Japanese meal at Mitsui Sushi. It was probably the best Japanese cuisine I've ever had. Better than what I've had in Japan (because I was too cheap to spend the big bucks when I was there) and impeccable service. The whole meal itself was quite orgasmic. My only qualm would be the dessert. I would hope for it to be a bit more creative but I think their intention is for a lighter end to a superb meal. I really have nothing to compare Mitsui with and my standards have definitely been upped.
I'm not a uni lover but this sashimi platter made me into one...fresh and impeccable

No comments:
Post a Comment